JOB NAME: Call Center Information Specialist Job
SALARY: $14.22 – $20.59 Hourly
JOB LOCATION: Call Center, 455 N. Main, 8th Floor, Kansas
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
Can you take phone calls? Are you good in English? This position reports to the Call Center Manager, supervising the Call Center. It is responsible for delivering excellent Customer Service to the Citizenry and providing accurate information regarding the Water Utility and other Departments of the City by using appropriate resources, institutional knowledge and directed training. The work is reviewed through the established goals and evaluation for work product in relationship to goals, daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Answer calls and respond to emails
- Handle customer inquiries both telephonically and by email
- Research required information using available resources
- Manage and resolve customer complaints
- Provide customers with product and service information
- Enter new customer information into system
- Update existing customer information
- Process orders, forms and applications
- Identify and escalate priority issues
- Route calls to appropriate resource
- Follow up customer calls where necessary
- Document all call information according to standard operating procedures
- Complete call logs
- These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Requirements of Work:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of call center telephony and technology.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes.
- Excellent use of active listening, problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to use a computer to access, interpret, and record information.
- Ability to accept and respond to a steady volume of requests for information and/or service, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, employees of other departments, representatives of outside agencies, and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Training:
High school diploma or equivalent, plus at least one consecutive year of experience in a call center providing customer service. An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening, and upon satisfactory evaluation of the results of a criminal record check.